Copyright

All photo's are Copyright of Scott Swalling or the tagged Photographer. (Background photo Scott Swalling Photography).

About Me:

24Hr MTBike racer and general bike rider, climber and mountaineer. Good coffee drinker and cake eater (any cake, seriously, don't leave your cake laying around). Also, I like to try new things that challenge me.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Gorrick Spring Series Rnd 2

It was a lovely sunny day, and lots of people had come out to play and maybe I should have been on a long ride somewhere instead.  Anyway I was stepping out in Super Master to fly the cycleworks.co.uk flag, whilst others, Brian, Emily, Chris, Callum and Simon would be out in other categories.

Racing single speed and with legs already cooked, I knew it was going to be a battle and after the first lap I had to remind myself that any race like these is training for the big ones, with some cheeky overtaking moves and using the single track to my advantage I peg a few places back and then gap my chasers.

Maybe another 10 to 22hrs and I would have done better than 17th. :) However, the course was awesome and I know it has done my legs some good, a short race when your legs are tired is not a bad thing.

The others rode well and certainly flew the CW flag high, Emily riding onto the podium again in Master Women and Brian putting in a great showing in the Vet Men.  I watched Callum head off at the start, but had to get going for the day.  I hope he did well.

I'll miss the next round as I have a date with some hills, a pack and a map and compass.

Congrats on a good showing team.

No comments: