Copyright

All photo's are Copyright of Scott Swalling or the tagged Photographer. (Background photo Scott Swalling Photography).

About Me:

24Hr MTBike racer and general bike rider, climber and mountaineer. Good coffee drinker and cake eater (any cake, seriously, don't leave your cake laying around). Also, I like to try new things that challenge me.

Sunday 8 November 2009

Race Report - Gorrick Autumn Classic 2

Well not much to report unfortunately.

Arrived, registered, did a bit of a warm up lap, then waited for the start.

Set off at 9:45 with the rest of the Super Masters, and was keeping with the main group quite comfortably.  Then I started to labour with speed and power, which seemed odd as I felt pretty good.  I pushed on but started to lose touch with the riders in front of me.  Then my knees started to ache a bit, this was very odd as my knees have been great on the bike for a while now.

I stop to check my saddle height, it had drop an inch.  I put it back up and then sat back on the saddle and clamp bolt snap off.  I had obviously over tensioned the bolt, but the seat post was likely to slip again.

So half a lap in and I was out.  I really need to get this seat post replaced and whats ironic is I had been try to do so but it seems very hard to find the right sized lay back seat post.

Dave Farmer was doing great last time I saw him he was out onto the last lap in 7th, not far off the wheel of the chap in front of him.  Hope you finished well Dave.

Gorrick, great track................what I saw of it.  :-(

No comments: