Copyright

All photo's are Copyright of Scott Swalling or the tagged Photographer. (Background photo Scott Swalling Photography).

About Me:

24Hr MTBike racer and general bike rider, climber and mountaineer. Good coffee drinker and cake eater (any cake, seriously, don't leave your cake laying around). Also, I like to try new things that challenge me.

Friday 23 March 2012

Yay, back on it!

Well over the last few days I have been back on the bike.  Firstly and gently the FiveT CX bike, the first few rides went really well and my back was in good condition, in fact feeling better after each ride.  I like this.

The FiveT even if adversely geared and ridden on more single track than I expect it is designed for is proving to be a great rehab training bike.  I feel safer on this hurtling down a sketchy fire road than I do dodging X5's and potholes on the Surrey roads.

Wednesday saw a return to an MTB, but not my normal hardtail with a lack of gears.  Nick K at Cycleworks Guildford, let borrow the demo Stumpjumper Evo Comp, a bouncy bike with lots of gears. This is a bloody fun bike, even with it's little wheels.  If you get the chance to pedal one, do it!

Anyway, the back held up really well and last night I headed to the climbing wall for that all important active stretching and social, Craggy is known for.  Verdict is that the back is doing fine and I really need to hurt the legs next this weekend and early next week to make sure they remember how it feels ready fro the 24Hrs of Exposure at Easter.

Recovery going well and remember if you need a break from the MTB and want to do some long miles a CX bike is much more fun and helps you hone those off road skills ready for the hrs between 1am and 4am when you are very nearly on autopilot in a 24hr.

Just ride amigos!
S

No comments: