Copyright

All photo's are Copyright of Scott Swalling or the tagged Photographer. (Background photo Scott Swalling Photography).

About Me:

24Hr MTBike racer and general bike rider, climber and mountaineer. Good coffee drinker and cake eater (any cake, seriously, don't leave your cake laying around). Also, I like to try new things that challenge me.

Thursday 24 September 2015

Rob Lne Memorial Route (Ride)

Hi all, (Sorry I know there is always someone asking for a small donation) So don't feel compelled to donate, but a Share or re-tweet would be nice.

On the 26-28th September I plan to ride a a loop of 300 miles incorporating the North Downs Way, some of the Saxon Way and South Downs Way and back from Winchester to Guildford. A suitable challenge that I plan to approach as a bike packing adventure and hopefully will add an option to those looking for a challenge that is quintessential Southern England riding.

Route:
I plan to ride this in memory of Rob Line, a friend, cycling nut and genuine great guy who unfortunately lost a long battle with cancer recently. Rob loved cycling and loved cycling in the Surrey Hills or where ever his wheels lead him really, it is that spirit I will carry with me on the ride. I also invite any of Robs mates to join me for sections of the ride, I will have a SPOT (will go live around 0700 26/09/2015) so you work out where I will be, and I will love my phone number with each of the Cycleworks shops. That way you can drop me a text and we can meet on route.

Rob Line:
Rob’s passion, life, was riding his bike. During his long illness, he tried to ride as much as he could in between all the treatments. Sadly his illness eventually stopped him, but he still watched every cycling event there was on the tv, kept up to date with all aspects of the cycling world and working at Cycleworks when he was able to. He loved the Surrey Hills and the North Downs and had so many great rides up there with all his mates.

I will leave from Guildford early on the Saturday 26th Sept and plan to return to the Guildford Cycleworks at Burpham, on Monday the 28th, for tea and cake, and invite Robs friends to join me either riding in for the last few kilometres or at the shop. Where Anita will welcomes us home.

Rob was cared for by:
Dr Shaffer’s (Brain Tumour Fund) and Woking Hospice
So I am also raising funds towards these great causes:
The link is here: In Memory of Rob

Pedal on Rob.

Thanks in advance and thanks to those providing support.

Scott
 

No comments: